Meridian Home Repair Program
The Meridian Home Repair Program helps those whose homes need a little tender love and care but the homeowners can't afford to make the repairs with their own funds.
NeighborWorks® uses grant funds from the City of the Meridian CBDG (Community Block Development Grants).
You may be eligible if you:
- Are at or below 80 % Area Median Income
- Live within the city limits of Meridian
- Own and occupy the property
- Need one of the following improvements done on your home: accessibility, emergency repair, and/or weatherization
- Homes older than 1978 must pass a lead paint test
- A general inspection of every room in the home is required
- Income verification
- The home must pass habitability standards and repairs must include deficiencies found
- Deed restriction will be recorded at project completion
When asked how her new HVAC system was working on a 100 degree day, Homeowner Margo Maxwell stated, " I am as cool as Elvis!"
We just bought our first home and Neighborworks made it possible! In this unforgiving market, buying a home is a challenge for us locals.
If it wasn't for the many home loan programs and options they have, we just wouldn't have been able to do it....or would have been house poor.
The mortgage team is amazing and was always available to me for my many questions. 100% I would recommend exploring your home loan or refinancing needs with them. -Melissa Wedman
After my family and I moved here from Africa, we lived in a Neighborworks apartment complex then worked closely with Patrick on getting a loan for a new construction home. The People at Neighborworks were very nice from beginning to end, going above and beyond. -Samson